I was nominated by Christine to from My Wallet Diet come clean with what is actually in my wallet. Big mystery, huh? I know you are just dying to know. It took me a solid three months to find a wallet that fit my needs after my last one’s zipper broke (rendering it useless). This one is from Aldo and cost me $30. I would have preferred something a bit brighter. I tend to lose things easily, so the brighter the better; but so far this wallet has served it’s purpose well. Here is a look into what I carry around throughout my day.
– Driver’s license: I kept my OH driver’s license. It’s what I use for my photo ID most everywhere I go.
– I keep my current study ID on my keychain and it’s been great. I was annoyed I had to pay $5 for the cardholder in addition to $25 for the actual card, but so far no lost cards from my key chain.
– I still have my OSU student ID in my wallet, although I am no longer studying there. I guess I could get rid of that.
– PNC debit card: I had two debit cards: one for my individual account and another for a joint account (to pay rent & utility bills). I lost the joint card in the Spring, but I haven’t missed having it since I use checks to pay rent so I didn’t replace it. PNC was going to charge me $7 for a new one anyways.
– Credit Union debit card: Another debit card, but this time it’s with a credit union. I don’t use this one too often, but it’s nice to have a back up in case of an emergency. I don’t have any credit cards, so you won’t see any of those in my wallet.
– Cash: I still have five Canadian dollars from my trip to Toronto last month. I never got around to exchanging it back to US dollars. I try to always keep at least $20 in my wallet in case I need gas money or money for the metro. I had quite a bit of change too. After counting it I had in $2.69 in US coins and in $10 Canadian coins.
– Starbucks Card: I became a gold member back in December 2013. DC has brought back the habit of drinking coffee, so I use this quite a bit now. Those gold stars that fall to the bottom of your cup on the app, get me every time. Talk about good marketing. I usually don’t keep a balance on the gold card, so when I buy Starbucks I put $5 on the card and then have the barista swipe the rewards card so I get the star credits.
– $25 Amazon Gift Card- I have had this card since last Christmas! Talk about delayed gratification.
– Metro fare card- I think it has $2 left on it
– I have three different library cards. MLK for DC, Grandview and Columbus Metropolitan Public Library. I love public libraries!
– Costco Executive Membership Card- I am actually impressed with my self control around Costco and not going crazy there on the weekends. I have only been once since August!
– Safeway Card: grocery card that gets me a discount
– Health Insurance card: Not sure why I still have this considering this plan has expired. I need to sign up for a new plan now that I don’t live in OH and have healthcare through my employer.
– Flexible Spending Account Debit Card: this has $10 left on it.
– Chipotle receipt from buying lunch on Sunday
– That pink slip is a parking ticket from the District of Columbia- debating whether I should dispute it
– A handful of business cards for Caviar and Quarters
– HelloWallet business card
– Listerine care strips
– 32 GB memory card because you never know when you are going to need one
– Key to my padlock for when I lock up my belongings at school
Now I am supposed to nominate three other people to share what’s in their wallet. I nominate Zina from Debt Free After Three, Athena from Smart Money Latina and Tiff from The Budgetnista . While they are looking through their wallets- comment below with what you keep in your wallet. I wanna know.